Friday, March 09, 2007

Re-Introducing Peppy the Little Sheppy...

Just like with "Browsey the Little Mousey", Peppy has been introduced before. It's just that this is his place in the LAPD line-up! As the eighth "Little Animal Paper Doll", Peppy is an old timey cop. Over in England the British cop was also called a "bobby". I have an inquiry in over at "Diary From England", getting the official word from Naomi on the use of the term "bobby".

UPDATE: Naomi, PJ's Official "England Correspondent" has posted The Origin of the British Bobby that validates our use of the term "Bobby" in a special way! Thank you Naomi!


Click Here to Visit BLOG VILLAGE

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Hi Janey, Sorry for delay in getting back to you. I've been a bit slow picking up my messages and comments this week. I love your new animal characters, especially Peppy. He looks just like a typical British bobby the way he's dressed with his uniform, whistle and truncheon. I can just imagine him saying, "Hello, hello what's goin' on here?" to any unsuspecting crimimals! I've done a special post all about the British bobby, especially for you. I've also mentioned PJ's in the post so I'm sure Peppy will get lots of visitors coming over to check him out! (to use one of your expressions!) Here's the link:-

http://diaryfromengland.blogspot.com/2007/03/origin-of-british-bobby.html

Unknown said...

Hi Naomi! Thank you so much, for posting the Origin of the English Bobby!! What a very special way to gather research material from PJ's first official "England Correspondent"!!! Sure beats looking through dictionaries, encyclopedias or searching online! Although, I do love researching!!

Naomi said...

You are very welcome Janey. If you ever need any further information on any other English characters don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to help you.

Unknown said...

Actually, the next scheduled paper doll in our PJ's International Friends Paper Doll set will be from England! The paperdolls in this set become friends through their love of music so I will have to find a traditional instrument of England. Any ideas?!!

Naomi said...

I actually had an idea on this Janey. How about having a little character from Scotland? You could have him wearing a kilt and tam o shanter, playing the bagpipes! You could call him a traditional Scottish name like Hamish! What do you think?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea! We will definitely keep him in mind!!